1285 Avenue of the Americas, a class-A office building originally known as “The Equitable Building,” is located on the western block-front of Avenue of the Americas between West 51st and West 52nd Streets.
The international modernist-style building was designed by world-class architecture firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, and is part of the western expansion of Rockefeller Center in one of the most sought-after office locations in the U.S. In 2009, the property had the distinction of becoming the largest office building in the state of New York to obtain LEED silver certification.
• 1,790,263 million total square feet
• 39 stories
• Typical floorplates range from approximately 30,000 square feet in the Tower to 75,000 square feet in the Base
• Ceiling heights of 12’3”
• Class-A Avenue of the Americas office building with underground access to Rockefeller Center concourse and four subway lines
• Outstanding air and light in addition to excellent views
• Recently renovated with $17.9MM of capital invested
• Property serves as the North American headquarters for UBS, the global headquarters for Paul Weiss and the global headquarters for BBDO (Omnicom Group)
• LEED silver certification
• Large common areas including oversized lobby and welcome center
• Retail on the 1st floor including Mastro’s Steakhouse
• On-site property management
The RXR operating platform manages 73 commercial real estate properties and investments with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $17.9 billion, comprising approximately 23.4 million square feet of commercial operating properties and control of development rights for approximately 6,300 multi-family and for sale units in the New York Metropolitan area. Gross asset value compiled by RXR Realty in accordance with company fair value measurement policy and is comprised of capital invested by RXR and its partners, as well as leverage.