1285 Avenue of the Americas, a class-A office building originally known as “The Equitable Building,” is located on the western block-front of Avenue of the Americas between West 51st and West 52nd Streets.
The international modernist-style building was designed by world-class architecture firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, and is part of the western expansion of Rockefeller Center in one of the most sought-after office locations in the U.S. In 2009, the property had the distinction of becoming the largest office building in the state of New York to obtain LEED silver certification.
• 1,790,263 million total square feet
• 39 stories
• Typical floorplates range from approximately 30,000 square feet in the Tower to 75,000 square feet in the Base
• Ceiling heights of 12’3”
• Class-A Avenue of the Americas office building with underground access to Rockefeller Center concourse and four subway lines
• Outstanding air and light in addition to excellent views
• Recently renovated with $17.9MM of capital invested
• Property serves as the North American headquarters for UBS, the global headquarters for Paul Weiss and the global headquarters for BBDO (Omnicom Group)
• LEED silver certification
• Large common areas including oversized lobby and welcome center
• Retail on the 1st floor including Mastro’s Steakhouse
• On-site property management
The RXR platform manages 90 commercial real estate properties and investments with an aggregate gross asset value of approximately $15.7 billion as of December 31, 2016, comprising approximately 25.0 million square feet of commercial operating properties and approximately 3,200 multi-family and for sale units under active development in the New York Metropolitan area.